Underwriting Assistant (E&O)
We are a dynamic insurance underwriting agency seeking a junior to intermediate Underwriting Assistant to join our Professional Indemnity department in Victoria, BC. The duties of this position will include the following:
- Assisting a senior underwriter with day-to-day tasks;
- Reviewing submissions and creating worksheets;
- Processing endorsements and broker requests; and
- Preparing quotations.
Ideal candidates for this position will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and will possess skills, qualifications and experience that include the following:
- Level 1 General Insurance Salesperson Licence;
- at least 1-3 years of experience in a commercial insurance environment;
- strong technical skills, including proficiency with macOS, Microsoft Word and Excel;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- the ability to handle stringent deadlines and the volume of a busy department;
- excellent organizational skills, with exceptional attention to detail;
- the ability to manage a variety of incoming requests and prioritize the workload to meet deadlines; and
- general administrative duties as required.
Additionally, candidates will also possess the following attributes:
- exceptional computer skills and technologically savvy;
- a client centered approach and commitment to providing exceptional service to clients;
- a self-motivated and proactive approach;
- the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion, confidentiality, and adapt to changing demands; and
- the ability to work both independently, and as part of a collegial team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and offer competitive compensation and a positive team working environment.
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.